UDPD Reports: Man Tries to Buy Dinner at Wendy's With Fraudulent $100 Bill

Police incident reports from Upper Dublin Township Police Department.

Warrant Service - On Wednesday, Dec. 5 at approximately 2 p.m., UDPD was notified that Jon Grob of Fort Washington was  wanted on a County Bench Warrant. At approximately 2:30 p.m., officers served the warrant at the 500 block of Summit Ave. in the Fort Washington section of Upper Dublin Township. At approximately 2:45 p.m., the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office advised that Grob would need to be picked up.

Hit and Run - On Wednesday, Dec. 5, at 6:29 p.m., an officer was dispatched to Church of the Open Door to meet with the victim of a hit and run accident. Upon the officers arrival, they met with the reporting party who advised that she was just sitting at a red light on Fort Washington Ave. by Susquehanna Rd. when she was struck from behind. She was traveling south on Fort Washington Ave. and was sitting on the north side of the intersection on Fort Washington Ave. According to the victim, the suspect was a male driver with no further description and it was unknown what type of vehicle struck her.

Road Rage - On Friday, Nov. 30, around 10:08 a.m., the reporting party called 911 to report a road rage incident. The reporting party was traveling north on South Limekiln Pike approaching Twining Rd, traveling approximately 35 MPH talking on a cell phone. Following directly behind him was a gold Honda being operated by a male. The male was tailgating and attempted to pass the reporting party on the right side and was turning right into the gas station. The reporting party admitted to breaking heavily while the incident was occurring.

Fraudlent Bills - On Wednesday, Nov. 28, at approximately 5:09 p.m., an officer was dispatched to the Wendy's Restaurant located in Dresher for a report of a man attempting to pay for his food with a fraudulent $100 bill. While enroute to the call, police dispatch advised that the incident was approximately 10 minutes old and the suspect had already left the area by unknown means of travel. Upon arrival at the restaurant, the officer spoke with the reporting party and a witness, the store manager. The reporting party stated that the male had been in the restaurant approximately 15 to 20 minutes prior to the officer's arrival with a fraudulent $100 bill. As soon as the reporting party handled the bill it was immediately apparent that it was not real currency. The actor then left the establishment. The reporting party said the restaurant suffered no loss as a result of this incident.

Adam Young December 10, 2012 at 07:26 PM
Road Rage - You have to be pretty stupid to file a police report when YOU'RE the one breaking the law by talking on a cell phone while driving. (And then be surprised when someone driving behind you gets upset!)


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »