I hope you found last week’s resume tips helpful, this week I am going to go over some interviewing hints. Preparing to interview is almost as important as going to the interview itself. Know your audience.
- Do some research on the company before you go – that way you can ask insightful questions, and impress the interviewer.
- Check out the company website and read the “about us” page, almost every company has one. A lot of times it gives the history of the company and the present day practices.
- Get an idea of the company philosophy or mission statement. You can grab key words and use them in the interview.
- Try to find the hiring manager and/or interviewer on Linkedin, and brush up on their background. Knowing their background will help give you a better idea of where you have the potential to go in the company.
- Linkedin also has a link called “Employee Insights” that tells you where previous employees of the company have moved on to. Is this company going to get you to the next step you desire?
- Walk into the interview with a good attitude. If you feel like you can conquer the world, people can sense it. Sell the product you know best, YOU.
Remember, you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you. Go into the interview asking yourself, “is this a place where I can see myself working?” Ask intelligent questions not only to impress them, but to learn more about the opportunity, and if it’s a right fit for you.