.

Common Questions about Chiropractic Care

Dr. Kyle answers some of the most common questions about Chiropractic care

 

Hello everyone out there! 
Every day, I get tons of questions about many different topics from nutrition, to exercising, to Chiropractic itself. So, I have decided to answer some of the most common questions about Chiropractic care in order to give you all some more insight about what it is all about.

Q: What is a SUBLUXATION?

A: Subluxations are misalignments of the vertebra in the spine. When these vertebrae are misaligned, they cause a decrease in nervous system information to the cells, organs, and tissues in the body.

Because the body is not receiving proper signals from the brain and nervous system, it cannot function at 100%. The goal of Chiropractic is to adjust these subluxations in order to restore proper function in the entire body.


Q:  Is he going to “crack” me?

A:  No, Dr. Kyle adjusts misalignments in the spine called subluxations to allow for proper nerve flow to every system in the body. The noise that some people may hear is a gas release from inside the joint capsule when a specific amount of force is applied.

There are many different ways to adjust the spine, and every person is different. Dr. Kyle adjusts with the individual person’s best interest in mind. However you are most comfortable being adjusted, he can adapt his style to best fit your needs.

Q: Can he get me out of pain?

A: Subluxations in the spine can cause dis-ease that can be perceived as pain. However, only about 10% of your nervous system’s function is to feel pain. The other 90% contributes to how the rest of your body actually works.

Dr. Kyle’s focus is to adjust subluxations in the spine to allow for proper nerve flow and make your entire body heal from the inside out. Through this increase in nerve function, pain may also be decreased.

Q: Yeah, but once I start, I bet I’ll have to go back forever, right?

A: You don’t HAVE to do anything. Dr. Kyle meets with you one on one to discuss your goals and expectations on your first visit. If you both feel you are a good fit for Chiropractic care, Dr. Kyle customizes a plan to best fit your situation.

Q: Who goes to a Chiropractor?

A: Dr. Kyle sees people of all ages who are looking to get well and stay well. Anyone from babies to the most mature in age are current members in Dr. Kyle’s practice. On a daily basis, he sees individuals who are looking to decrease the effects of stress from problems related to but not limited to:

-Asthma

-Allergies

-Croup, coughs, fevers, ear and sinus infections in children

-Headaches, migraines, and dizziness

-Indigestion, reflux, heartburn, and other digestion issues

-Numbness and tingling in the extremities

-Sleeping problems and low energy

-Decreased immune function and autoimmune disorders such as MS

-Infertility, pregnancy, and birthing issues

Q: I still have more questions about Chiropractic, and I want to do more research. Where should I go?

A: Dr. Kyle has many other options to help you answer more of your questions.

- You can visit their website at www.swede familychiropractic.com.

-Dr. Kyle offers free 15 minute phone consultations any day he is in the office. Just call 610-831-1650

-Stop in during office hours to check it out at 130 W. Main Street, Trappe PA (inside the Trappe Shopping Center)

-Like “Dr. Kyle Klim” on Facebook

I hope this gives you some more information about what we do at Swede Family Chiropractic.

To your health,

Dr. Kyle Klim

This post is contributed by a community member. The views expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Patch Media Corporation. Everyone is welcome to submit a post to Patch. If you'd like to post a blog, go here to get started.

Derek MacMahon March 08, 2013 at 05:44 PM
Good Q&A. As a massage therapist, clients who've never had chiropractic care ask me these questions all of the time.
Dr. Kyle Klim March 09, 2013 at 02:33 PM
Derek, Thank you very much for the feedback. I am happy to see that this may be helpful. Have a great weekend!

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »