A-Camping You Can Go: Evansburg State Park and Other Sites
Area parks have spaces where you can sleep under the stars.
With summer now in full swing, a popular and classic activity is camping. Montgomery County offers several local sites where residents can take a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, and enjoy the natural beauty of the county.
3660 Germantown Pike, Collegeville
- The park offers “organized group tenting” on 18 sites until October.
Green Lane Park
2144 Snyder Road, Green Lane
- This Montgomery County park offers campsites in addition to its everyday recreational activities. The park has 3,400 acres and three lakes and offers boat rentals to enjoy on the lakes. Green Lane Park has multiple trails for hiking, biking and horseback riding, as well as numerous activity areas for sports and picnics. Pets are also allowed, if on a leash, but they may not go into any of the lakes on the grounds. Family campsites are $20 per night for Montgomery County residents and $30 per night for nonresidents. For groups of 20 to 50 people, the site charges $50 per night for residents and $60 per night for nonresidents. For groups of 51 to 80, the site charges $75 per night for residents and $85 per night for nonresidents. Alcohol is not permitted at the park. For more information, visit the park’s website.
2985 Cowpath Road, Hatfield
- Oak Grove Park is located in Hatfield and has 63 gravel camping sites. The campsite has “full hookups,” a bath area, a recreation hall for groups and Wi-Fi in the office. The site allows pets and above-ground fire pits. According to its website, the campground charges $38 per night and $190 per week, based on one to two people at the site. For each additional person, there is a $3 charge per night. The site charges $390 per month for one to two people and $430 for more than two people. For long term stays, TV and cable hook-ups are available, and electric costs will be added. The office is open from 8 a.m. to noon Monday through Saturday and reopens from 1 to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday—it’s closed Sundays. For more information, visit the campground’s website.
1150 Allentown Road, Green Lane
- Homestead Campground is located in Green Lane and offers classic camping activities such as fishing and hiking. The sit also has a playground area, three-way hookups, free cable TV and a bath area. In addition to a store for forgotten items and Internet access, the site also laundry services and fireplaces. For information on rates, call the campground at 215-257-3445. For more information, visit the website.
Boulder Woods Campgrounds
1050 Camp Skymount Road, Green Lane
- Boulder Woods in Green Lane has three swimming pools and a private catch and release fishing lake for campers. Along with bathrooms and a laundromat, the campground offers Wi-Fi access in various parts of the grounds and has activity areas for volleyball and horseshoes, as well as a playground for kids. To rent a campsite for an RV, the site charges $35 per day, $210 per week and $630 per month, which includes electric and water, according to the website. To rent a site for a tent, the campground charges $30 per day and $180 per week, which includes water, but not electric. The site fees are for two adults and children 18 and under. All additional guests are $5 during the day and $10 overnight. All rates increase on holiday weekends. For more information, visit the campground’s website.